Smoke-free Town-owned buildings and park grounds
As of November 3, 2015
- All local government-owned building or park owned, leased, occupied, or operated by the Town of China Grove.
Smoke-free is defined as the use or possession of a lighted cigarette, lighted cigar, lighted cigarillo, lighted pipe, or other lighted tobacco product; or electronic oral device that employs a mechanical heating element, battery, or electronic circuit that heat a liquid nicotine solution or any other substance in order to use or inhale which simulates smoking.
Benefits of Smoke-Free Environments:
Reducing tobacco use will prevent chronic disease, improve our community's health and save money in health care costs.
Click here for more information on the ordinance.
For more information on the effects of smoking, cancer or to get help to quit smoking:
- Protects people from secondhand smoke exposure
- Supports and encourages people to quit smoking
- Provides positive role modeling to youth which can keep kids from starting
- Reduces tobacco litter and fire hazard
- Reduces overall smoking/tobacco use rates