Curbside Collection (Bulky Items)
The Town of China Grove Public Works Department provides complimentary pickup of bulky household items in accordance with Town ordinance and policy. Please see information below.
Please call Town Hall for a work order for curbside and brush pickup.
Curbside Collection Schedule
|| Bulky Items
|| Brush and Yard Debris
|| Non-grindable Yard Debris
- China Grove Town Hall - Ph: 704.857.2466
Bulky Item Collection Guidelines
The method for collecting debris and other materials within the corporate limits of the town will be on a call-in basis only. This will be handled through the issuance of a work order.
- Materials and debris must be placed behind the sidewalk or curb so as to not impede storm water drainage, pedestrian traffic, or vehicular traffic.
- All items must have the ability to be easily removed by hand or placed within a container. Rocks, dirt, brick, gravel, or other similar materials shall be placed in bags or other containers so that their weight shall not exceed 50 pounds.
- Not to exceed one cubic yard (3'x3'x3').
Items that the Town will collect but are not limited to:
- White goods
- Lawn Mowers
- Tires (Fee Required)
Items not picked up include, but are not limited to:
- Gas / Gas Tanks
- Oil/Liquid Drums
- Televisions (can be dropped off at Public Works)
- Computers (can be dropped off at Public Works)
Hazardous Waste Materials
The town will not collect materials that may be considered harmful or hazardous to humans, animals, or the environment.Any hazardous materials are to be disposed of through Rowan County disposal procedures and locations.