Brush Collection (Yard Debris)
The Town of China Grove Public Works Department provides complimentary pickup of yard debris in accordance with Town ordinance and policy. Please see information below.
Curbside Collection Schedule
|| Bulky Items
|| Brush and Yard Debris
|| Non-grindable Yard Debris
Please call Town Hall for a work order for brush pickup.
- China Grove Town Hall - Ph: 704.857.2466
Brush Collection Guidelines
The method for collecting tree limbs and yard trimmings within the corporate limits of the Town will be on a call-in basis only. This will be handled through the issuance of a work order.
- Tree limbs and yard trimmings must be placed behind the sidewalk or curb so as to not impede storm water drainage, pedestrian traffic, or vehicular traffic.
- Limbs shall not be longer than six feet in length.
- Limbs shall not be larger than six inches in diameter.
- Limbs shall be stacked, but end facing the street, on or near curb for easy access to collection truck.
- Small limbs and twigs shall be bundled and tied or place in bags or other containers. Their weight shall not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Yard trimmings shall be placed in bags or other containers. Their weight shall not exceed 50 pounds.
- Volume of brush should not exceed a pickup truck load per week.
Items not collected:
- The town will not pick up debris that is the result of cropping or topping of trees, the felling of trees, tree stumps, or the clearing of undeveloped property.
- The town will not pick up debris from trees that was removed by contractors or persons for hire.
The Town of China Grove Public Works Department will provide mulched debris to citizens upon availability and request at no cost. Please contact Public Works Department to arrange delivery.
- Public Works Department - Ph: 704.857.2466 ext. 401